I've been swapping emails with a new friend and she's inspired me to think about making a list of things I want to achieve in the year ahead. My year of being thirty thirteen. I’m hopeless with lists. I make them all the time but I very rarely complete everything on them. My outlook calendar is constantly flashing up reminders of things I should have done, months ago.
Even when I write a simple shopping list I will take it to the shop with me and occasionally glance at it, but I will still buy 20 things that are not on it, and forget to buy at least ten things that are.
So I am going to write a sensible list below that everyone can see, even those 47 readers who log on here from Belarus each day [Прывiтанне! Маё судна на паветранай падушцы поўна вуграмі]. Who knew I could speak Belarusian?
If you're curious, I just wrote: “Greetings, my hovercraft is full of eels”.
This list is my WELLNESS list. It’s about keeping sane, happy and healthy:
- Remember to take all tablets EACH morning, including fish oil.
- Follow a skin care regime EVERY night.
- Go for a walk at least three times a week, rain, hail or even cane toads falling from the sky—like in that masterpiece of film making, Magnolia.
- Go on date with HM at least once a month. On Date Night, kid conversation is to be off limits.
- Eat less carbs and more protein.
- Try to see girlfriends more often.
- Try to get negative thoughts out of head as soon as aware of them.
- Spend less time cleaning and more time playing with kids.
- Put at least 15% of all work contracts into my ING savings maximiser and LEAVE it there.
- Stop whinging. (optional)
- Stop procrastinating with work stuff. Get it over and done with.
Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
If you haven't already please go and LIKE the INSANE JANE Facebook page. And ... even though I shouldn't, I've now got a Twitter account @MsInsaneJane oh dear...
Good Luck, and it's not even New years... Nothing like a Birthday to snap you into adult and organized land.....
I'm on a real roll. I've even typed out a colour-coded (again thank KH) schedule for work tasks to inspire me to meet daily targets.
Off for a walk on the glorious coast in an hour. It's all good.
not sure why but the comments are being a bit strange tonight
GO THE LIST!!! Its a good list though I think you should add on one more item.. spend less time making lists :) List-making is a serious addiction affecting one out of every 3.6 women..
Post a Comment