I live with a surfer, am a mummy of two and had the good fortune to inherit a teenager who I love as my own. I work from home (at all hours!) so I can ferry the darlings here and there. But mostly I make the man drive them around.
I don't really blog anymore as I have returned to FULL TIME WORK teaching students in remote and isolated places online. I can't tell you how much this has helped with my depression.
Other things about me in no particular order:
- I didn't think I would have kids but I ended up sneaking in there just before the biological time bomb went off. I am glad I did. I love the little peeps.
- I am not good with toddlers, better with older kids.
- My kids are thankfully out of the toddler phase (see above). Many people think they are twins. They are called Barnstormer (girl :: about to turn 7) and Hammerhead (boy :: just turned 8) and their big brother is The Surfer (boy :: nearly 18). He is my fake son but I love him like my own.
- My man, who I shall call Handsome Man (HM for short), is 11 years older than me and I love him as much now as I did at the beginning. I cherish the fact that my kids have him for a father. We have known each other for more than 25 years.
- I get on really well with The Surfer's mother. It's all good.
- I have hypermobility and Ehlers Danlos syndrome (EDS). It is causing a lot of problems as I get older but I try not to let it bother me. I have a whole set of insane party trick things that I can do with my fingers and legs that really freak people out, but it is most definitely not all fun and games and I have had several operations because of it. I manage through Pilates and physio. Around 68% of EDS people struggle with depression. One day I will get around to doing a post on it. Including freaky pictures.
- I do a load of washing every single day. Sometimes more. It's like how some people can't do anything until they have a coffee or a cigarette. I can't be calm until the washing is on.
- I like things to be clean and tidy.
- My house usually looks like we have just been burgled by people searching for something specific.
- I have learned to live with mess. But I still hate it.
- I am usually happy but the black dog follows me around and barks a lot. It has been recurring since 1997, some would say 1983.
- I have written over 100 educational books/series that are sold nationally and internationally.
- I was crap at breastfeeding.
- I have recently [tried to] embrace the Buddhist way of thinking and have discovered mindfulness.
- This blog is meant to be ANONYMOUS-ish, however, once or twice I have made some late-at-night sleep-deprived posting errors, and in the course of events inadvertently outed myself to unsuspecting family and friends. You can read about that here. Please help to keep the anonymity. Never mention it to me in public. If you have anything you'd like to say, you can always email me here.